Sunday, October 7, 2012

big apple

Hello everybody!
Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend! I got go to into the city on Saturday for my African Art History class. It was nice to escape the so-called "Muhlen-bubble" for a day and just walk around the city. I went to the Met for my assignment, then went down to Chelsea and did some shopping, and then visited my friend's apartment downtown. My favorite part of the city is probably people-watching on the subways. Nothing beats some of the weirdos on the 6 train. 









Thanks to my friend Michael for helping with this shoot!

Outfit Details:
Top: Forever 21, Jacket: H&M, Jeans: Rag & Bone, Boots: Sam Edelman, Sunglasses: Target 
Necklace: Buffalo Exchange

Here are some photos from the Met:


I got to see the Warhol exhibit in addition to my classwork which was fantastic. They wouldn't let me take pictures, unfortunately, but I took a few as I walked through the modernist gallery to get to the exhibit. These guys are some of my favorite modernists:

DeKooning 

Rothko 

Pollock

These two girls were walking around the lower east side and I HAD to stop them and take a picture. They're both rocking the crop top trend and their boots are too fabulous for words. 

That's it for now! Until next time,
Keep Calm and Chiffon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)