Wednesday, October 29, 2014

damsel in distress(ed denim)

I remember the first time I encountered distressed denim. I was in seventh grade and I was in Hollister (because seventh grade amirite). I came across some jeans with holes in them and remembered wondering who in the world would ever buy jeans that had holes in them. On a scale of 1 to sense, it made none. I saw girls wearing them and could never wrap my head around the concept. So here I am seven years later and, as of Saturday, I am now the owner of a pair of distressed jeans. Here's what I like about this particular pair from Gypsy Warrior: 
1. They're straight leg, not too baggy or too tight, which can either look sloppy or scary. 
2. They're light wash and I find tears most appealing with this shade of denim. 
3. They're not gaping holes. Granted, with wear they will continue to distress but I can actually wear them in the brutal New York winter that awaits. 
But until then, I am continuing to enjoy this gorgeous fall weather with the occasional adventure uptown to the Cloisters/ Fort Tyron Park with someone who was friends with me even when I thought leggings qualified as pants. 












Photos by Jake (that's Jake^)

Outfit Details: Sweater: Uniq (similar) Jeans: Gypsy Warrior, Boots: Hinge, Bag: Brandy Melville (similar), Necklace: Forever 21 (gold)

yours,
Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)