Thursday, September 6, 2012

transit

Hi there!

Hope everybody's pretty much adjusted to being back in school now and that the initial shock of "wait, wait summer can't possibly be over" has passed and that everyone is looking forward to sweaters, jumping into piles of leaves and salted caramel lattes from Starbucks because I sure am!

So I was planning on doing this shoot today, but forgot I had Fitness & Wellness before. So I guess you could say this is also an unintentional "how to style wet hair" tutorial. What I decided to do was go with a messy braid and all I did was split my hair into three sections and I braided the back section, left the middle section undone and fishtailed the front section. Then I left half of it undone and sprayed it with Bumble and Bumble surf spray (that stuff works miracles). Super easy! Anyone can do it. And the great thing about working with wet hair is that frizz just isn't an issue. 












Shout out to my girl Emily who helped me with the shoot this week!

Outfit Details:
Top: Frenchi
Dress: Mimi Chica
Necklace: So Good 
Bangle: Florence market
Ring: Denise McGlynn (click here to read my post about her!)
Boots: stolen from my roommate Mira! Thanks Mir <3


I am so excited to share that I was accepted for the second year in a row to the Teen Vogue Fashion University!!! I have signed up for seminars with Grace Coddington, legendary creative director of Vogue magazine, Christian Siriano, winner of Project Runway season four, Nicole Richie, creative director of Winter Kate/ House of Harlow and Bryan Boy, legendary fashion blogger. I also signed up for a tour of the editorial spaces (yes this includes the CLOSET!!!!!) as well as a session on fashion in the digital age. 

In other news, can you believe that Joanna Coles after six years with Marie Claire has moved over to Cosmo as the editor-in-chief?! It will be really interesting to see what she does with the magazine. It will also be interesting to follow Kate White on her journey post-Cosmo and to see what Anne Fulenwider does with Marie Claire. According to Women's Wear Daily, Coles mentioned that she wanted to get front-row representation at fashion week for the magazine. And after all, there's nothing like a good, old-fashioned makeover to get us in the mood for fashion week!

Until next time,
Keep Calm and Chiffon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)