Thursday, June 26, 2014

firefly photo diary

The moment I passed under the shadow of the big, white exit tent of the Woodlands, I knew I couldn't wait to be back. The expansive grounds, the smiling faces and bright lights of the Firefly Music Festival in Dover Delaware only exist for a few days a year, but they're some of the most magical days I know. This year's festival fell on the summer solstice where the sun woke me up just before seven and didn't set when you'd expect. And when the sun stays up past its bedtime, it just makes the days seem longer and more important somehow.

 I got to go on an adventure where I camped out for four days (if you're skeptical, I have the bug bites to prove it), met some pretty awesome people, and scoured the site for some Teen Vogue worthy festival fashion (time out...TEEN VOGUE BABY!) So here's to a perfect weekend of beaded tops, good vibes, unwashed hair, almost sexy dance moves and lots of kickass music by some incredibly talented artists- Band of Horses, Iron & Wine, Hunter Hunted, New Politics, Outkast, Foo Fighters, Ms Mr, and Imagine Dragons- to name a few. 


Outfit Details: Top: Free People, Shorts: Free People, Backpack: Free People, Sunglasses: Free People, Do you get it: everything is Free People 

family never looked so festive

jammin' with the jake


baked mac and cheese bomb (bacon cheeseburger edition)




Outfit Details: Dress: Urban Outfitters (similar), Bra: Free People, Flower Headband: courtesy of the lovely sisters of AXO, Boots: Sam Edelman

arm candy

crowd surfing never looked so purple

so close that they got to sweat on me. radical. 

girls on shoulders = classic 

pre-backflip lead singer

"the lawn" one of seven stages at the festival 

in the pit at Hunter Hunted! 

a pumped up crowd 

some goodies from the Hub

relics

#nomakeup



Outfit Details: Black Tank: Free People, Bra: Free People, Shorts, BDG (similar), Headband: Nordstrom (similar), Necklace: Free People (similar), Sneakers: Converse

amazing necklaces from the market, and creative display too!

i ran into two girls and a guy who passed this camera along to me! You snap a picture of yourself and pass it along to the stranger. It gets returned to the festival lost and found and the owner gets some fun snapshots from the festival. Sweet deal, right? 


this lovely crew <3
Photo Credits: Me//Jake//Brian//random people

Until next year, Firefly!

yours,
Austen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)