Tuesday, August 14, 2012

glittering oxfords

Today was an overall lazy, gloomy, meh kind of day. Wanna know why I know this? Because this morning was one of those mornings where I stared at my closet and thought to myself, "Oh my god. I have nothing to wear." 

Obviously, this is not the case. I have dozens of things to wear, but my creative juices, much like everyone else's can occasionally fail me. I'm going to share with you one of the best solutions to this problem. This solution comes from none other than legendary fashion consultant, Tim Gunn. His solution to the "nothing to wear" dilemma  is what he likes to call, "The Uniform." That one outfit that is your go-to no matter what the situation is. For him, it's a black suit. For you it may be a dress and tights or jeans and a t-shirt. Think about what you're most comfortable in and what is the most universal thing that you will be able to wear to work or out to dinner.  

You could also browse lookbook.nu or chictopia.com and see what others are wearing today, create an outfit (or two, or three) trying to remix the little black dress, or pick one standout piece like a sequin top or bright jeans and let the rest of the outfit be neutral and relaxed. I hope this helps shake some outfit anxiety out there and gives you the freedom to have fun with what you wear. 




















Outfit Details
Top: Forever 21
Bag: Free People
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Ring: So Good 
Necklace: Buffalo Exchange


Okay and on another note, I have absolutely no reason to have a fashion show. BUT if I did, here's a playlist of 10 songs that I would love to see be used in fashion shows. Some of them aren't exactly what you'd expect to hear, but that's the whole point of the fashion industry, right? To keep people on their toes? Yeah, thought so. 

Fashion Show Playlist:
10) Sail by AWOLNATION

Until next time,
Keep Calm and Chiffon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)