Thursday, August 2, 2012

roman holiday

Hello  beautiful readers!
Once again,sorry for the delay, I've been gathering a lot of great material and have just had a little trouble syncing photos from my phone to my computer #iphonenewbie. Anyway, this post was inspired by a DIY project. And  I love a good project. And Refinery29 hit me at the right time with their amazing DIY idea. All you need is a plain t-shirt you already own and a pair of fabric scissors. Here's the link to a step-by-step video that will help you achieve this look on your own! http://www.refinery29.com/diy-cut-out-t-shirt. These photos were taken in the eternal city, Roma. I'm going to be completely honest and admit that I hated Rome on the first day. It was too overwhelming; I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy myself at all. But it really grew on me and by the last night when we enjoyed dinner on a rooftop overlooking the Forum with the Colosseum in the distance, I really was sad to leave. But, my friends and I were sure to throw our coins in the Trevi Fountain to ensure our safe return to Rome. 







Outfit Details:
Tank dress: Free People
Cut-out top: Hanes oversize t-shirt cut up
Necklace: Aldo Accessories
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Rings: Florence street market
Bag: BP Nordstrom 






My friends and I got to walk around on Via del Corro and we found some thrift stores that were out of this world. I got a leather bag that I'll post in the near future that is absolutely gorgeous and a great buy. It's one of those throw all of your crap in there and forget about it but still look awesome kind of bags. And who doesn't need one of those in their wardrobe? In addition to great buys offered at the vintage stores, I went to this awesome store called Toko on Via del Corallo. They have some very cool clothes and amazing jewelry. I bought a crossword puzzle oversized tee and cut it into a tank top. 

We also went to the Vatican Museum and Saint Peter's Basilica and both were unreal. I loved seeing the evolution of the baroque style through a building, because I had really only seen paintings in that style. The dome and the keyhole shape of the plaza are both dramatic and exemplary works of baroque art. Here are some of my favorite parts of the Vatican and a few others scattered in:



Bernini's The Ecstasy of Saint Theresa 


Caravaggio's The Calling of Saint Matthew

The Pantheon 


Michelangelo's Pieta 


Saint Peter's Basilica Dome

Fun fact, I thought you guys might want to know that I tried lots of different foods in Italy that I've never had before including some not so crazy ones like apricot, plum and rabbit, and then including some I never thought I would try like zucchini flower, squid, octopus and (wait for it...) chicken liver!!! Weird, but true.

Until next time, 
Keep Calm and Chiffon 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)