Tuesday, October 22, 2013

a university story

For any Teen Vogue Fashion University veterans, you know that Saturday is the busiest and longest day of the weekend. The Friday night festivities and the Sunday sendoff sandwich this jam-packed day of seminars, tours and lessons from some of the fashion industry's fiercest. On this day last year, a very confused Austen spoke to Andrew Bevan, Features Editor at Teen Vogue about feeling out of place at a small college in Pennsylvania and worrying about not studying fashion. And a year later, here I am feeling so happy and lucky to be in New York and more confident about studying art history. And it turns out, bevansburg (the Instagram obsessed me is calling him by his username) was a transfer too! Speaking to him, laughing along with Alexa Chung as she referred to Jordan Catalano from "My So-Called Life" as one of her fashion role models (#90sgirlproblems) hearing Coco Rocha speak about getting young models the rights they deserve, and introducing myself to Amy Astley and getting to thank her for giving my generation this opportunity to be exposed to so many viewpoints and insights into the industry were just a few highlights of this incredible weekend.




Just a few of the amazing seminars I got to sit in on:




And some of the highlights from the Soho-based Topshop Party:





Outfit Details: Top: H&M, Skirt: Necessary Clothing (similar), Boots: Dolce Vita, Cuff: H&M (similar)

yours having fun and learning,
Keep Calm and Chiffon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)