Sunday, February 3, 2013

jewel tones

as someone who loves black in the winter, there are days when all of those layers of black get a little heavy. and boring. so i thought i'd mix it up today with some jewel tones. sometimes the simplest silhouettes are the most flattering anyway. for any fashion lovers who are looking for some new literature, check out Grace, the memoir of Grace Coddington, creative director of Vogue. it's a great read and details her life as a model before even entering the editorial world. and for you non-fashionites who read my blog (if that category actually exists.. i guess it could) check out F. Scott Fitzgerald's flappers and philosophers. it's a collection of short stories and if you have no other motivation to read it it should be for the Gatsby remake coming out this summer. carey mulligan and leo decaprio are about to take the world by storm. who will be next? 




Outfit Details: Top: BP Nordstrom, Jacket: H&M, Shorts: Forever 21

Fun fact the necklace was a birthday present from one of my oldest friends, Chrissy Costanza. Click through her name to see her perform, if you don't know who she is you probably live under a rock.

When in doubt,
Keep Calm and Chiffon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)