Saturday, February 2, 2013

growth

on the topic of self reflection, i've been doing some lately. since today is dark and snowy and went by faster than i expected it to, and this marks my 50TH POST(!!!!) i thought i'd be generous and share the things that i've learned since i started this personal style blog:
1) You can't do it alone. I love getting my friends involved in blogging. The absolute best thing about living in a dorm is the fact that I can lean out of my doorway and shout "does anyone have ten minutes to come help me out?" and people are usually more than willing.
2) Less is more. Few people have and spend the time sitting around and reading your every thought and to be honest, they're probably not all gems. I could be thinking about the bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich I had today and see you probably stopped paying attention already.
3) No use forcing it. If you're busy or sick or just don't have anything interesting to say then don't force it. No one wants to read a half-assed post anyway. 




When I was at Teen Vogue Fashion University in NYC in October, I took a seminar from Bryanboy and Rumi Neely who are both Fashion Bloggers. Click on their names to visit their sites. They're two of my all-time favorite bloggers and they had several words of wisdom as well:

define the DNA of your blog
make your personality tangible
create your own universe
have no expectations 
post organically, tweet spontaneously, blog consistently  

better every day,
Keep Calm and Chiffon 

ps no you're not crazy, i changed my font. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)