Sunday, March 24, 2013

patterned lineage

One of the highlights of my college that I was happily surprised to find when I actually got here was the Martin Art Gallery. The gallery space is vast and blank and about once a month this tabula rasa is covered wall to wall with painting, sculpture and everything in between (according to Rosalind Krauss and her expanded field of sculpture). Lisa Turngren and her Patterned Lineage series are featured this month. Her works are of mixed media and they force the viewer to consider females from both their own personal experiences as well as the societal ideals of how they should be seen. And on that note, I'm off to write a paper on this exhibit. #arthistorymajorproblems. 






"seam"-ingly yours, 
Keep Calm and Chiffon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my site! I read each and every comment and they make me smile like crazy. If you follow my site, let me know, leave your URL in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out! :)